Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Work

I did work for my professor today on his property. 'Twas a lot of fun, cut down trees, cleared some brush and got some wiring ready for a well pump. While I was clearing the brush I happened upon a thin tree which was to be cut down, so I cut about 3/4 of the way through the trunk, set down my chainsaw, then put as much force into hitting the tree over. It was right then, as I threw my palm against the side of the tree with all my force, that I realized that this tree is a thorn tree. How did I come to realize this? Well, as my palm hit the tree I felt a great pain in my hand, right at the first knuckle of my middle finger. When I pulled my hand away I saw a 1 inch thorn right where my hand was...yeah, the bugger went all the way to the bone...yeah, it hurts like crap (sorry mom). Since I don't have an inch of skin between the outside world and said knuckle, I think the thorn hit my bone, then curved (it was a "somewhat" malleable thorn) to the left (looking at my palm) around my knuckle. Needless to say, my hand hurts with quite the dull pain whenever I move my middle finger. Luckily it was a clean stab, so I don't think it will get infected; just hurt like heck.

No comments:

Post a Comment