Thursday, June 4, 2009

Growing up

I woke up yesterday at 7:00 to enjoy the morning and leave time for me to sip my coffee and read the news before I leave my apartment (in Indiana) for my full-time (summer) job. As I brushed by teeth, I looked into the mirror and realized: I am an adult now, and will never be a child again.

Its not too profound a though, I realize, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. Gone of the days of blissful ignorance and no responsibility. Now I must make a living, pay my debts, wake myself up on time, and take care of the house. It all makes sense, now, how my mom ran the house. All the things she did that irritated me (like always telling me to wash the dishes and clean my room) I now do out of necessity.

I don't quite know how to process this stuff yet without coming to a sad realization and stopping there, so I will mull this over for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment