Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pies and fighter planes

The strawberry festival(?) in Upland was the 13th (if you can really call it a festival, twas very small), so I bought 2 quarts of strawberries. Now, I like to make pies, therefore it was within reason for me to make 2 pies out of the 2 quarts of fresh strawberries that I had just acquired. I decided to make a straight up 2 crust (wow, the number two comes up a lot...) strawberry pie and give it to the Colgans because I hang out at their house all the time, eat their food, and use their washing machine. I also made a strawberries and cream pie for myself, my roomate, and whoever we wanted to share it with. Long story short: they were/are delicious, and the crust (the hardest part by far) came out perfect with, I am convinced, a huge amount of help from God. I decided to glaze the crust with some of the left over heavy whipping cream I had; not whipped cream mind you, they are very different.

And to explain the "fighter planes" part of the title, I have been playing "Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X." It is a really fun game that I got FOR FREE from the Dungeon (they came with something or other and no one wanted them). Extremely fun game.

No comments:

Post a Comment