Friday, September 25, 2009

Life

I am confused. Nothing new, but as usual, its starting to wear on me. To best express how I feel I think it best to recount a recent conversation I had with my good friend, and former roommate, Mike. It went like this:

Me: "I feel like God is closing doors, but not opening anything."
Mike: "He is opening something."
Me: "Yeah, a can of whoop-a**."

It does feel like God is closing all the doors that I was heading towards, then bolting them, padlocking, and arc welding them shut -- just to make sure I don't try and go through them. Maybe its that he hasn't gotten to opening the door yet and I should just be patient. This is probably the case. However, I can't help feeling ill at ease in all of this. It is my junior year and I am pretty sure God doesn't want me to stay in my major, however, he he hasn't really told me where to go either. I also cannot do well in some of my classes. This isn't to say I haven't sunk countless hours into the homework, checking my answers against the book and classmates, or studied for the quizzes I am failing, but for some reason I cannot do well...this sucks.

In the end I know it may not make sense, and I may never know the reason this is all happening, but God is ultimately in control...no matter how hard I may try to wrest control from him. The only thing I ask is that you pray for patience and wisdom for me as I continue on this seemingly perpetual roller coaster of confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment