Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hectic bunch of weeks

So I seem to be slacking in posting updates. Well then.

We had a balloon launch that failed horribly (for my sensor) because the power supply arced over and flooded the circuit with about 1000 Volts. I then, with my partner, had to make a poster to present to judges, professors, and peers...with our data, or complete lack thereof. This wasn't a complete downer though, because its all part of experimenting when you fail. However, we were given another chance to launch our sensor. I spent 1.5 days de-soldering and re-soldering our circuit, then another .5 days testing and troubleshooting our circuit, all while spending 1.5 straight days working on our poster; meaning if our sensor worked, I would have to completely redo our poster to reflect our new data.

The launch was today at 9:30 am. Our sensor was not ready. Bleah. On the bright side we have our poster all but completely done. On the not so bright side we have very little to no data to show for weeks worth of work. Once again: Bleah.

On a different note, my grandpa came up to visit me for grandparents day (yes, they do have those in college...at least ours). I love my grandpa as he is a great man of God and was always there for me - even when it was completely out of his way. I tend not to be very vocal about my appreciation for people, so when he came to visit I made a point of telling him how much he meant to me. I actually teared up. This is the man who was like a father to me, despite me not having a father close to me. He took care of me, taught me how to grow up and be a man. He showed me how to cut down trees and work in the woods. He wrestled with me and gave me bear hugs. I love my grandpa so very much, and I don't ever think I could express it in mere words.

Ok, a finch just perched on my window sill and stared at me, then flew away. Hmmmmm.

Peace people, and tell the ones you love that you love them - they deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment